top of page
  • Can I obtain a Firearms Licence if I am under 18 years of age?
    Idividuals must be over 12 years of age and must pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course ( ). For more information visit
  • Why do i need a Firearms Licence?
    It is necessary to have a firearms licence in order to possess or borrow a firearm or to acquire, by any means, a firearm or ammunition.
  • Do I need to renew my licence?
    YES! Firearms licences are generally valid for five years, and MUST be renewed beforethey expire. It's the licence holder's responsibility. Renewing on time will help to avoid possible complications and consequences, including being charged with unauthorized possession of a firearm. Please visit for more information about renewing your Firearms Licence
  • How do I renew my licence?
    To renew your licence you can visit Individual Web Services on the RCMP website and complete the licence renewal application.
  • How do I obtain another PAL application form?
    To obtain another form visit
  • How do I change my address on my licence?
    Visit the RCMP Individual Web Services website. or
  • Do I have to take the Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC) and the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC) to acquire a cross-bow?
    No. There is no licence, registration or safety course requirement to acquire a cross-bow that is longer than 500 mm and that requires the use of both hands. Crossbows that can be aimed and fired with one hand and crossbows with an overall length of 500 mm or less are prohibited. Individuals cannot lawfully possess or acquire a prohibited crossbow. For more information visit
  • What is the minimum age requirement to take the CFSC?
    Under the Firearms Act, individuals aged 12 years or older are eligible to take the CFSC. Children under the age of 12 can take the course, but for educational purposes only and will not complete the written or practical exams. However, to obtain a minors' licence to borrow/use non-restricted firearms, an individual must be between 12 and 17 years of age. To obtain this licence, you will have to successfully complete the CFSC and pass the tests. For more information
  • What are the prerequisites for the CRFSC (RPAL)?
    To attend the CRFSC (RPAL) course you must have taken the CFSC (PAL) course prior to taking the CRFSC (RPAL). You can book both courses at the same time but the CFSC (PAL) MUST be take BEFORE the CRFSC (RPAL). NOTE: We offer discounts if both courses are taken within 30 days of each other.

Helpful Links

Helpful Links
bottom of page